PDF/A format assures you that when the exporting process has finished, the file will function accordingly and prevent problems such as :
- Images that aren't seen
- Invisible words and paragraphs
- Errors when processing the archive
- Heavy archives
How to convert your PDF to PDF/A with Acrobat Reader Professional
Acrobat offers us a Preflight tool to convert any PDF to standard PDF/A .
You must :
1. Go to Document > Optimize PDF > Testing . Then a pop up window will appear and show you the different options.
2. Unfold the option "Compatibility with PDF/A"
3. Then click "Analyze and Repair". You will be asked where to save this new file, choose and Save.
Exporting a PDF from an original archive
If the original file originates from Microsoft Word , you must:
1. Go to File > Save As > in Type we select PDF.
2. Click the Options button .
3. A pop up window will appear and in PDF Options we choose Compatible with ISO 19005-1 (PDF/A).
4. Ok and save.
With Adobe Indesign it's necessary for you to save the PDF file and then use Adobe Acrobat Pro , to convert this file to standard PDF/A .
In order for the conversion to be successful you must save our PDF , you must choose Create Tagged PDF .
The tags indicate Acrobat Reader Pro the order in which the PDF was created , the types of elements that make up the publication, evading complications or errors at the moment of the conversion from PDF to standard PDF/A.
We hope you find this tutorial simple, if you have any questions you can email us at [email protected].