Assign users reading permissions to publications in bulk without the need to manually assign them one by one..
👉If you need to assign plans in bulk, you can do it through a bulk user update.
1. Open the example template and go to File and choose "Make a copy" so you can edit it with the information you need to add.
⚠️It is not necessary to add all the columns to make an import, only the columns marked as Required⚠️
Details of the headers for each column
user_email (required if user_external_id is null)
This is the user's email address.
The format of this column must be plain text. To do this you must select the column, click on Format > Number > Plain text.
user_external_id (required if user_email is null)
This is a unique identifier for the user. If you do not want to use an email for the user, you can use an external_id (alphanumeric).
This is a unique identifier for the publication. This is the ISBN.
Remember that it can contain alphanumeric characters, as well as hyphens and underscores (spaces are not allowed).
In case the user has a valid publication for a specific date.
If you want to revoke a publication for a user, you can define it with the following values: 0 (zero, which is not to be revoked) or 1 (one, which is to be revoked). In addition, you can leave this field empty, the default value is 0 (zero).
2. Once you have completed this spreadsheet you will need to download/save it as an .XLSX file (Microsoft Excel) in order to use it.
3. Go to Control Panel > Settings > Imports.
4. Click on New Import, choose the option Add Read permissions to users and add the file you created.
5. Click on the Create Import button and the process will automatically run.
Once the process has been completed, you will be able to see in the same section if the process was successful or if an error was generated.
In some cases you may need to refresh the page to see the final status of the process, in case it continues to appear as "Processing" for several minutes.
We hope this tutorial has been easy for you. If you have any questions, please don´t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]..